The semester exams were over and the holidays had just begun. I was 3/4th engineer. It was time for a small get-together with all my friends in Damodars- something that had been waiting for long. So we had a splendid lunch at Hotel Anushka in BPS club, Margao. Then I had to leave, before others went to Baskin Robbins and Sernabatim beach I was told. It was a great day.
The next day, with nothing more interesting to do, I happened to open an old book of mine- a collection of sayings and quotations that I used to collect when I was in 10th Class. I had a great time going through them. I chose a few nice ones to share with you all:
1. Courage is strange; it means you must be ready to die for what you wish to live for.
2. Of all the things you have, select the best and then reflect on how eagerly they would have been sought by you, if you did not have them.
3. Some people change their ways when they see the light, others when they feel the heat.
4. Those who hate you do not win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
5. Faith is like water- It will carry you, but not unless you swim.
6. Experience is a good school, but the fees are high.
7. The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm.
8. The most unhappy of all men is he who believes himself to be so.
9. If you want others to keep your secrets, first keep them to yourself.
10. The actions of men are like an index to a book. They point out what is most remarkable in them.
11. The reason why worry kills more people than work is that people worry more than work.
12. Don't count how many moments you spent together, count how many memories each moment left.
13. Just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts, but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.